Where to Watch Super Bowl LVIII in 2024
Learn where to watch this year’s Super Bowl, including the best streaming options, apps, cable TV providers, and international viewing options.
The race to see who raises the Lombardi Trophy is on. The teams are set following the AFC and NFC Championship Games, and we’ll soon be watching the San Francisco 49ers battle the Kansas City Chiefs for the crown.
This year, the Super Bowl is scheduled for Sunday, February 11, 2024. Kickoff will be 6:30 p.m. EST at Allegiant Stadium in Las Vegas, Nevada. The good news is that various channels and streaming services will be broadcasting the event on live TV, so fans have multiple ways to catch all the action.
Whether you're cheering on your favorite team, just there for the halftime show or the possibility of seeing Taylor Swift in the crowd, here's our comprehensive guide to watching the Super Bowl in 2024.
What Channels Are Airing the Super Bowl?
There are two main channels airing the Super Bowl on live TV:
- CBS: This is the primary telecast. This option will work as long as you have traditional cable, an antenna, satellite TV, or streaming service that carries CBS.
- Nickelodeon: Offering a family-friendly version of the game, this is a great option for those watching with younger fans.
Storylines to Follow
This year’s game will be hosted at Allegiant Stadium, home of the Las Vegas Raiders. This marks the first time Las Vegas has hosted the Super Bowl in the history of the NFL. The Raiders relocated their franchise to Las Vegas from Oakland with the opening of this new stadium in 2020.
The AFC and NFC Championship games were exciting and kept fans on the edge of their seats. In the AFC, the Baltimore Ravens were unable to hold off the Kansas City Chiefs and lost 10-17. Meanwhile, the NFC title game was a thriller between the Detroit Lions and San Francisco 49ers. The Lions entered the second half with a 17 point lead but couldn’t hold it; the 49ers came back to win by overcoming the largest halftime deficit in NFC title game history. The final score was 34-31.
This Super Bowl matchup pits the 49ers, who made it all the way to the NFC Championship last year before ultimately losing to the Eagles, against the reigning champion Chiefs. So we will get to see a rematch of the 2020 Super Bowl when the Chiefs beat the 49ers.
- 49ers quarterback Brock Purdy could lead his team to the Lombardi Trophy after being the last pick, also known as Mr. Irrelevant, in the 2022 NFL Draft. He led his team to an incredible comeback victory over the Lions in the NFC title game to make it to the Super Bowl and is proving he’s got the ability and stamina to win it all.
- The Chiefs are in the Super Bowl for the fourth time in five years – an impressive feat by any standard. They’ll look to maintain their ownership of the Lombardi Trophy and bragging rights in the NFL.
Super Bowl Halftime Show
This year’s halftime show will feature Grammy Award-winning artist Usher, promising a performance full of hits, nostalgia, and pure energy.
Providers and Streaming Services That Can Be Used
One of the best parts about the Super Bowl is you’re not limited to one viewing option — there are plenty of ways to watch NFL games. Here are the best ways to stream all the action on Super Bowl Sunday:
- Streaming Services: Paramount+ is the go-to streaming service for watching the Super Bowl LVIII, offering live stream options on various devices. However, as long as your streaming service carries CBS, you can watch it on many other platforms, like Fubo, YouTube TV, Hulu + Live TV, and more.
- Cable and Satellite Providers: Further, traditional providers like Xfinity, Spectrum, Optimum, and others that carry CBS will broadcast the game.
- Mobile Streaming: Whether you’ll be at work, in an airport, or somewhere in between, there are many options for on-the-go viewing. They include – NFL Game Pass, CBS Sports app, and the Paramount+ apps on iOS and Android devices.
Where to Watch Super Bowl LVIII For Free
One of the best parts about the Super Bowl is you can watch it for free. Generally, the best free options include using a digital antenna or signing up for a free trial with a streaming service or app. If that’s not an option, you can always attend a Super Bowl party or watch at a local sports bar.
FAQs About Watching Super Bowl 2024
Are There Any Special Deals for Streaming the Super Bowl?
Plenty of streaming services run promotions or free trials. Check Paramount+ and other streaming platforms for any special Super Bowl deals. However, be sure to keep an eye on the billing date so you can cancel before you’re charged if you plan to.
How Can I Watch the Super Bowl if I Don't Have Cable?
If you don’t have traditional cable, that’s okay — you can still watch the game using a digital antenna, streaming service, or mobile streaming app.
Is it Possible to Watch the Super Bowl in 4K?
This year, for the first time ever, the Super Bowl will be aired in 4K HDR. Further, it will also be broadcasted in 1080p HD/HDR. That means that you’ll get some of the best angles and shots of the NFL’s top teams and players, and maybe even Taylor Swift.
Can International Fans Watch the Super Bowl?
Yes, international fans can watch through NFL Game Pass or local broadcasters that have rights to the NFL, depending on the region. Further, you can stream the big game internationally using DAZN, as long as you have the NFL Game Pass add-on.
Do Super Bowl Sunday the Right Way
Whether you need high-speed Internet to stream the game on your device or you need TV service with all the right channels, SmartMove has your back. We’re partnered with some of the top TV and Internet providers across the country. With SmartMove, all you have to do is enter your home address below, and we’ll connect you with the leading service providers available in your area. Ready to get started?
Enter the address where you'd like your Internet service.