Guide to GCI TV, Internet, & Phone Packages Near You
Are you moving to Alaska and looking to switch to GCI as your new service provider? SmartMove has the ultimate guide with everything you need to know about GCI’s TV, Internet, and phone offerings.
GCI Company Overview and History
GCI was founded more than 35 years ago to create Alaska's most advanced network, including the fastest Internet, cable, television, and telephone services in the region. That includes Anchorage, Palmer, Kodiak, Fairbanks, Wasilla, and many other places.
Bringing these services to remote communities that face challenging conditions has made GCI a pioneer in its field as it provides many crucial resources to the residents of these otherwise hard-to-reach places. GCI is home to approximately 2,200 employees.
Ready To Get Connected?
Enter your address to get started
Benefits of Using GCI
- Fast Internet covering most of Alaska
- Flexible mobile & TV plans
- Affordable plans with excellent value
GCI Internet Plans
GCI offers Internet through its Fiber+ network, which means you get incredibly fast Internet throughout much of Alaska. In fact, GCI was the first Internet service provider (ISP) in Alaska to offer 1 Gbps in 2018, the first to provide 2 Gbps in 2021, and it’s currently working to deliver 10 Gbps soon.
Additionally, you receive a free streaming device of your choice, allowing you to watch your favorite shows and movies without any additional cost.
Types of GCI Internet Plans
GCI offers a range of reliable plans to suit your various needs and budgets. You can choose from four different plans:
Fast Internet: Ideal for 1 or 2 devices and moderate streaming, with download speeds of up to 200 Mbps, upload speeds of up to 10 Mbps, and included high-speed data of 250 GB.
Faster Internet: Great for households with multiple people working or learning from home, with download speeds of up to 400 Mbps, upload speeds of up to 20 Mbps, and included high-speed data of 600 GB.
Fastest Internet: Best for households that stream or operate on 3-5 devices at a time, with download speeds of up to 800 Mbps, upload speeds of up to 40 Mbps, and included high-speed data of 1 TB.
2 GIG Red Unlimited: Enjoy unlimited data usage on every device in your household, with download speeds of up to 2 Gbps, upload speeds of up to 75 Mbps, and unlimited high-speed data.
GCI Internet Pricing
Prices for a GCI Internet connection range between $84.99 - $184.99/month for a new service contract. However, prices can vary depending on your location, add-ons, installation fees, and more. Plus, you can save more with an Internet + mobile bundle.
GCI TV Plans
Since it’s a fully customizable experience, you can start with any base Yukon TV plan below, then add on to your channel lineup to make it your own. Add-ons include sports, family, and entertainment packages, as well as premium and adult channels.
These are GCI’s three base plan options:
- AK Core TV: More than 40 channels, including live, local channels with video-on-demand options and extras.
- More: The core experience, plus today's most popular entertainment and sports channels. Includes more than 100 total channels.
- Total: An entertainment fan's dream. Get the total package with more than 150 channels for a complete viewing experience.
GCI Internet is required for all Yukon TV packages, but it doesn't count against your home Internet plan usage. You can also watch on your phone or tablet via the Yukon TV app.
TV Package Pricing
GCICGI TV subscribers can expect to pay between $14.99-$142.99/month, depending on the package and channels selected. Prices can vary based on many factors.
GCI Landline and Mobile Phone Plans
If you're looking for reliable home and mobile phone service, GCI has you covered. You can choose from a range of options, including unlimited local and long-distance plans, prepaid options, and even Lifeline for qualifying Alaskans. Here are some key features:
- Home Phone: Choose from the No Limits Plan for $34.99/month, which includes unlimited local and long-distance calling, or the MySelection No Limits Home Calling Plan (international calling add-on available).
- Fastphone Prepaid: This plan is perfect for those who use very little mobile data but need unlimited talk and text in Alaska.
- GCI+: Add 5G mobile to your Internet plan for just $25/line and bundle Internet + mobile for one low price with GCI+.
- Customizable Mobile Plans: Choose from the red+, Faster+, Fastest+, and Fast+ plans depending on your needs.
No matter which plan you choose, you can count on GCI for top-notch service and support. Plus, for a limited time, you can get a free month of GCI+ when you switch services.