A Complete Guide to the Best Routers for Streaming TV
We provide a guide on the best routers for streaming TV and movies. Learn which router is best for you.
The best WiFi routers for streaming TV offer dependable, high-speed Internet connections that won’t leave you lagging behind on your favorite shows. Or worse yet, having to deal with constant buffering that keeps you from enjoying your content. If you’re looking for a router combo to pair with your modem to improve your streaming experience, we’ve got you covered.
Why is a Reliable Router Important?
Everyone wants fast Internet that’s affordable, but not everyone understands why having a dependable router is just as important. A good router will do the following:
- Deliver the speeds you’re paying for.
- Stay connected even when multiple devices are streaming.
- Offer security features to protect your network.
Dual-band routers offer speeds of up to 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands, which is ideal for streaming HD video. These types of routers are perfect for families with multiple devices that are all trying to use the Internet at the same time. Beamforming technology ensures that you receive a clearer, stronger signal for stellar data clarity.
- Up to 100x the wireless bandwidth.
- Dedicated WiFi Network for game consoles and streaming videos.
- Two separate WiFi networks operate simultaneously.
Top 3 Best Dual-Band Routers for Streaming
A tri-band router connects your device automatically to the fastest and least congested network by utilizing three WiFi frequency bands. By doing this, you can ensure that the most demanding network tasks, like 4K streaming and online gaming, can be completed flawlessly throughout the entire home. Tri-band WiFi offers better performance to the user since it uses 2.4 GHz, 5 GHz, and even 6 GHz frequency channels.
- The extra band automatically sorts the connected smart home devices into their proper “lane”.
- Additional bandwidth offers faster Internet speeds.
- Multi-user, multiple input, multiple outputs (MU-MIMO) ensures multiple devices (laptops, tablets, smartphones) can stream data at the same time.
Top 3 Best Tri-Band Routers for Streaming
A wireless router is a device that creates a WiFi network in your home. This allows you to connect your devices to the Internet wirelessly. Wireless routers come in a variety of shapes and sizes, and they all offer different features.
- Easy home networking.
- Ability to connect to multiple devices at once without buffering.
- Remotely access your router with an app on your smartphone.
Top 3 Best Wireless Routers for Streaming
An Ethernet router is a device that connects your devices to the Internet using a cable or Ethernet ports. This type of connection is faster than WiFi, but it requires that you have an Ethernet cable running to each device.
- Relatively low cost
- Good data transfer quality
- Data security
Top 3 Best Gigabit Ethernet Routers for Streaming
- TP-Link AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
- TP-Link AC1200
- NETGEAR 8-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (GS108)
Antennas are important for getting a strong signal from your router to your devices. The more antennas a router has, the stronger the signal will be. Most routers have at least two antennas, but some have four or more.
- Cheap and exhibit good gain.
- Deliver good performance.
- Not easily de-tuned by hand movements.
Top 3 Best Antennas for Streaming
- Channel Master Flatenna 35/Duo
- Antennas Direct ClearStream Eclipse
- 1byone Amplified HD Digital TV Antenna
Find the Right Router with SmartMove
Finding the right router shouldn't cause you headaches. SmartMove is here to help narrow down the options so you can enjoy your favorite shows and movies without any buffering. Along with helping you find the best router, we also provide assistance in finding a reliable Internet service provider who will give you the speeds you need in your Internet plan for a smooth streaming experience. Contact us today to learn more.
Enter the address where you'd like your Internet service.