Guest article by Raijean of Swa-Rai.com
While I love traveling, I also spend a great deal of my time exploring Chicago. Chicago is my hometown and full of so many great places to visit that I often play tourist in my own city. I've compiled a list of some of my favorite things to do while in the city. The great thing about these places is that they are kid-friendly, so no need to leave the kids at home.
Check out my Top 10 Places to Visit in the Chicagoland Area:
- Chicago Q Restuarant - Although Chicago isn't typically known for our barbecue, Chicago Q will make you a believer. The food is so good, it will keep you coming back for more.
- Brookfield Zoo -It's a great place to spend quality time with the family especially during the holidays. They are always having events for the entire family to enjoy.
- Shopping on Michigan Ave.- If you are visiting Chicago you must go shopping on the Magnificent Mile. The Mag Mile is the place to be with its rich history and high-end stores. Michigan Ave. is truly a shopper’s paradise.
- Garrett Popcorn - Nobody has better popcorn than Garrett's and I do mean nobody. If you come to the Windy City you must get a classic mix, a mix of cheese and caramel popcorn. It will be love at first bite.
- Woodfield Mall - One of the largest malls in the Chicagoland area, Woodfield Mall is one of Chicago's best tourist attractions for a reason. They have a wide range of stores and restaurants that will keep you shopping for hours.
- Frank Lloyd Wright Architecture Tour - If you are a fan of beautiful architecture, this tour is for you. Frank Lloyd Wright has been considered one of the greatest architects and this tour will give you a glimpse of the man behind the designs. The visual aesthetics of his buildings will give you something to tell your children about for years to come.
- Eagle Ridge Resort - Whether you are looking to spend a romantic weekend with your significant other or planning a family trip, Eagle Ridge Resort is for you. Located in Galena, IL., less than 3 hours away from Chicago, this resort is the perfect way to take a break from city life.
- Museums- I love learning and teaching my son about history and science so a visit to Chicago-area museums is a must. Chicago is full of so many great museums and each one has something unique to explore. If you are into science check out the Museum of Science and Industries. Go to Field Museum to learn about natural history. If you are an art lover the Art Institute of Chicago is for you. If you are into space then look for the Adler Planetarium.If you love learning about creatures of the sea then check out Shedd Aquarium. Want to learn more about Chicago? Check out the Chicago History Museum!
- Giordano's Pizza - Chicago is known for having great deep-dish pizza, and a favorite of mine through the years has always been Giordano's. So the next time you are in Chicago, grab a slice of pizza from Giordano's, it's truly deep-dish pizza done right.
- Navy Pier-This attraction is another great spot for the entire family. There's so much to see, including the famous Ferris wheel. Whether you’re looking to explore Lake Michigan or get some additional shopping done, make sure you check out some of the rides and grab a bite to eat while you are there.
If you aren't just visiting but thinking about moving to the hicagoland area then I have something that will make life much easier. SmartMove.us is a free service which will help you find the best deals on services for TV, Internet and telephone in your new area. When you are done, come and share your City’s Top 10 on SmartMove’s Facebook page and connect with them on Twitter for more tips!