For many Americans, today’s modern lifestyle finds us spending the majority of our waking hours outside our homes. It is not uncommon to walk out the front door before 8am, heading off to work or school, and not return until long after the sun has set, with everything from errands, to dinner with friends, to a quick gym session in between.
The accelerated pace at which our lives operate demands an updated approach to controlling, monitoring, and securing our homes, even when we can’t be physically inside, or even nearby, to do so. Cox provides the modern solutions to do just that through their Homelife Automation and Homelife Security offerings.
What is Cox Homelife Automation?
Homelife Automation creates a connected, controllable home for which heating, cooling, lighting, door locks and more can be monitored, engaged, disengaged, and/or adjusted from anywhere using the Homelife app. While this service does not include monitored home security, many homeowners make use of its features in ways designed to naturally enhance the security of their homes.
Smart Home Devices and Equipment Options
Cox offers an extensive array of smart device options available for inclusion in your Homelife system suite, all of which can be controlled through the Homelife Mobile App. Let’s take a closer look at some of their most popular smart home devices…
- HD Cameras: With crystal clear picture quality that makes it easy to monitor the inside and outside of your home, our HD cameras are an essential component of a comprehensive home automation set-up.
- Waiting for a package to arrive, and want to take a peek to see if it’s awaiting your return on the porch? Cameras positioned to capture all comings and goings at the front door are among the most popular choices
- Perhaps you just want to see what your pup is up to on her first day alone outside of the crate? Checking in on Fluffy is made easy with in-home cameras, allowing you to view live video clips, and even take pictures
- Cameras can also be set to automatically begin recording video when an event you’ve programmed into your system occurs. A popular option is to set the front door opening as an event, and you’ll be sure to always have footage of anyone entering your home
- Want an alert in real-time when a programmed event occurs? Homelife subscribers have the option for video clips or pictures of all activated events being emailed to them directly
- Smart Thermostats: Managing your energy use while maintaining a comfortable home has never been easier than with smart thermostats!
- Now you can conserve energy usage when you aren’t at home, and adjust the temperature accordingly before heading back so it’s just right for your return. This can be adjusted in real-time, or set to follow a schedule
- You can easily raise or lower the temperature remotely if you forgot you left the A/C or heat on high before stepping out!
- Smart Door Locks: Never again will you have that sinking feeling caused by realizing you forgot your keys. With smart door locks, locking and unlocking doors is a cinch right from the Homelife app. You can even program automatic rules to make coming home after a long day even more pleasant, like setting the lights to turn on when the door is unlocked after dark!
- Smart LED Light Bulbs: Whether you want to turn the lights on, dim the lights, or automate a lighting schedule, this truly bright idea (pun intended!) makes it possible
- Smart Plugs: These small but mighty plugs turn any outlet into a smart outlet, allowing you to control plugged-in lights or small appliances remotely.
- Never again will you have to stumble in the dark toward the front door because you forgot to turn on the porch light before you left
- For enhanced security, you can also establish rules for lights to automatically turn on or off. Many users will occasionally switch up the times lights automatically turn on and off to increase the illusion of someone being home
- Outside of security concerns, you can also realize energy savings through scheduling if there are particular lights that you always forget to turn off
If you are interested in a Homelife package that provides real-time, monitored protection, Homelife Security is the option for you, with protection against home intruders, fire and more, through:
Cox Homelife App
- Smoke and heat detectors
- Carbon monoxide sensors
- Water/flood sensors
- Motion sensors
- Glass break sensors
- Door/window sensors
- Wireless keypad
- Touchscreen Control Panel
- …and more!
The Cox Homelife App is available for download for Apple and Android devices, putting control of your home in the palm of your hands. The Homelife App gives you the opportunity to control connected devices wherever your day finds you from just about anywhere!
An added benefit of using the Homelife App is its availability to everyone in your home with a mobile device. Cox has no limit on how many phones and/or tablets can download the App to monitor and control your system. Anyone in your home can download the app and login using the same username and password. Let’s take a look at a few of the most popular features you can take advantage of right from your mobile phone:
- Set Your Alarm System
- View Camera Feeds
- Remotely Control Lighting
Cox Homelife Bundle Packages
Cox currently offers a wide array of bundle options
that include Homelife solutions. Let’s take a closer look at some popular choices:
- You can bundle Homelife with Contour TV, with an exciting 140+ channel lineup
- You can bundle Homelife with Internet, with available download speeds ranging from up to 50 Mbps to up to 300 Mbps
- You can bundle Homelife with Internet, TV, and Phone, or just Internet and TV, with available download speeds of up to 940 Mbps, and available lineups ranging from 75+ channels to an option-packed 250+ channels
Whether you opt for Homelife Automation or Homelife Security, your home is about to get a whole lot smarter! And investing in a smart home is a very smart move, indeed.